benefits to joining a team:
The physical, emotional and social benefits of participation in Special Olympics are experienced both on the playing field and at home.
- Physical exercise positively impacts health, mood, and anxiety.
- Emphasis on sports training helps athletes maintain a healthy weight.
- Athletes participate in activities that enhance their self-esteem and help them see that they can achieve goals they set for themselves.
- Activities are held in a safe supervised environment.
- Athletes have many opportunities to make new friends and socialize in an environment that is accepting and encouraging.
- Athletes can earn a high school letter when requirements are completed.
- Travel opportunities allow athletes to gain experiences and skills that will positively impact all areas of their lives.